Setting Up Your E-mail in Microsoft Outlook
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2003, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
To Set Up Your E-mail Account in Microsoft Outlook
- In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
- For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
- Your Name
- Enter your first and last name.
- E-mail Address
- Enter your e-mail address.
- User Name
- Enter your e-mail address, again.
- Enter the password for your e-mail account.
- Incoming mail server (POP3)
- Enter mail.yourdomainname.co.za for your incoming mail server.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- Enter mail.yourdomainname.co.za for your outgoing mail server.
Click "More Settings" button.
- On the Internet E-mail Settings window, select the "Outgoing Server" tab.
- Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication."
- Click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
If you have any problems or not sure, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will help you through the setup process.